Passport Book and Passport CardA valid passport is required to visit all foreign countries when traveling by air. This applies to adults and minors, including infants.
Therefore, the only places to which American citizens can travel by air
without a passport are destinations within the United States and U.S.
territories. The latter is only true if the flight is direct and does
not land in any foreign country.

The Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative
determined that one of the following documents must be presented when
an American citizen returns the United States from Bermuda, Canada, the
Caribbean and Mexico.

  • U.S. Passport Book or Passport Card
  • Trusted Traveler Programs (NEXUS, SENTRI, or FAST)
  • State Issued Enhanced Driver’s License (when available)
  • Enhanced Tribal Cards (when available)
  • U.S. Military Identification with Military Travel Orders
  • U.S. Merchant Mariner Document when traveling in conjunction with official maritime business
  • Native American Tribal Photo Identification Card
  • Form I-872 American Indian Card

While U.S. citizens can re-enter the United States from the
countries mentioned above with any of the documents on the list,
Bermuda and some Caribbean countries do require a valid passport to
Minors under age 16 can visit Canada, Mexico and some Caribbean
countries and return to the U.S. with only proof of citizenship such as
a birth certificate and a photo ID.

The only exception for both adults and minors are closed-loop cruises
that begin and end at the same port. You may still be required to
present a passport to enter the countries your cruise ship is visiting.
Contact your cruise line to verify required travel documents.

Click here for expedited passport courier service.

Below are links to answers to frequently asked questions about travel
document requirements for specific destinations. Visit the passport FAQ for more information.

Is a passport required to enter Costa Rica? 
Question: Does a natural-born U.S. citizen need a passport to enter
Costa Rica? What is the nearest office that can provide me with a


Do I need a passport and visa to move to Germany? 
Question: I have never had a passport. I am getting married to a
U.S. citizen and relocating to Germany. What is required of me and my
16 year old …

Click for expedited passport courier service as fast as the same day!.

Expedite Your Passport Now!